BMS Cowl Filter
BMS Cowl Filter
Better engine sound, engine cooling, and a weight savings of 10lbs.
E chassis BMW owners have long known that removing their cowl and HVAC filter system can offer benefits such as reducing vehicle weight, improving overall engine bay cooling, making engine and DME box access for service easier, and enhancing the driver's ability to hear the engine. However, there has always been a concern about how to prevent dirt and debris from falling into the interior ventilation system. Fortunately, BMS has now come up with a solution. These cleanable lightweight dry filters not only look great, but also block dirt and debris from entering the cabin, making them an excellent alternative to the cowl delete. Moreover, the raised openings of the filters prevent water from running into the HVAC system, whether or not the cowl filters are installed. Thanks to these benefits, removing the cowl is no longer just for race cars.
Non-oiled dry filters. To clean rinse with water, let dry and reinstall. Do not oil.
NOTE: There are different left and right cowl filters. Installing them on opposite/incorrect sides will visually deform the filter element. Please refer to the install guide for the correct install procedure.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Saves 10 lbs of weight from your BMW
- Better engine sound without the cowl
- Better engine bay cooling
- Keeps dirt & debris out of the interior ventilation system
- Easier access to DME box and spark plugs
- Easy installation and removal
- Available with black, blue, & red filter elements
Cowl Filter Applications (E chassis BMW Only)
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe - All Models including 1M
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible
• E81/E87 - All years and models
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2011 E90 Sedan - All Models including M
• 2006-2011 E91 Touring - All Models
• 2006-2013 E92 Coupe - All Models including M
• 2006-2013 E93 Convertible - All Models including M
• 2010-2015 E84 X1 - All E Chassis Models
Replaces Cabin filter: OEM BMW PART# 64319313519
Replacement black cabin filter screws: OEM BMW PART #07147146539